How to enjoy 150th Canada Day celebrations in BC
Canada Day celebrations are our topic continuing from some and will continue for some time. Since this is the 150th birthday of Canada, we are going to have 150 posts dedicated to 150th Canada Day celebrations.
We will continue on our Beautiful BC 150 photos post. This is part 2 of 6 of that post. Make sure you leave us a comment or questions, as it comes to the mind.
Here is the part 1 of this post:
Did you know:
- In 1866, Vancouver Island became part of the colony of British Columbia.
- At the same time, Victoria became the United Colony’s capital.
- British Columbia became the 6th Province of Canada in 1871.
- Until today Victoria is the capital of BC. Victoria is the 15th largest metropolitan region in Canada.
- For Canada Day celebrations in Victoria, please read here.
- First Nations have a history of at least 10,000 years in the area. They were the original inhabitants of the land.
- Rest about BC in our next post. Let’s see some awesome photos.
BC Parks Celebrates Canada’s 150th with free admission to national parks
2017 marks the 150th anniversary of Canadian Confederation and we invite you to celebrate with Parks Canada! Take advantage of free admission to national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas for the entire year. Get curious about Canada’s unique natural treasures, hear stories about Indigenous cultures, learn to camp and paddle and celebrate the 100th anniversary of Canada’s national historic sites with us. Find adventure, fun for the family or a short break from the every day in more than 200 special places across the country. You can get your discovery pass here for free
Until we bring you next post, please enjoy these beautiful photos of Beautiful BC during Canada Day Celebrations. Make sure to leave a comment. Until next post, stay safe and enjoy life.