Huge inspiring list on how to celebrate 150th Canadian Day
Do you remember our last post about 150 things to do to celebrate 150th Canadian day? This is our next post about 100 other things to do to celebrate 150th Canadian day.
- Watch the fireworks in Ottawa.
- Boat through the Thousand Islands ( the border between Canada and the USA in Ontario).
- Visit the Bay of Fundy
- Go to a summer camp.
- See wild Bison in Alberta.
- Canoe through the Canyons (Northwest Territories).
- See a real Inukshuk in Nunavut (Nunavut).
- Go tree planting (anywhere).
- Catch up on Degrassi.
- Knit a Mary Maxim sweater.
- Learn how to chop and stack firewood.
- Take the unofficial Sophie & Justin Montreal Tour (Montreal).
- Visit the Anne Murray Centre.
- Straddle the border.
- Ride the Leviathan roller coaster (Canada’s wonderland)
- Glide across the Glacier Skywalk (Columbia Icefields).
- Visit the largest standing Dinosaur in the world (Drumheller, AB).
- Visit the most Eastern part of North America (Cape Spear Lighthouse in St. John’s).
- Spend a night on Ice (Quebec City).
- Go white water rafting (Bow river in Banff, AB).
- Build the perfect campfire.
- Visit magic mountain water park (Moncton, NB).
- Plan, book, and visit Ottawa.
- Enjoy a trip to Capilano Suspension Bridge.
- Take a tour of Canada on Via rail.
- Dig for your dinner (PEI).
- Go for surfing in Tofino (BC).
- Walk on the earth’s mantle (Newfoundland).
- Float through iceberg alley (coast of the Rock).
- Place a lock on Ottawa’s Corktown bridge.
- Light a candle at Notre-Dame Basilica.
- Join Lululemon’s free noontime yoga sessions on the lawn in front of Parliament, all summer long.
- Visit Canada’s cold war museum (Diefenbunker, In Ottawa).
- Visit the other French-speaking Canada (NB, NS & PEI).
- Eat Bannock
- Enjoy a tour of Parliament Hill.
- Eat a Jos Louis.
- Visit the National Gallery of Canada.
- Hike the Grouse Island (Vancouver).
- Visit the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic (Nova Scotia).
- See the Northern Lights in Yellowknife (Yellowknife).
- Take a dip in some Hot Springs (like Radium BC, Banff, AB).
- Live life on the edge (CN Tower, Toronto).
- Visit Canadian Tire and earn some funny money.
- Shop at Real Canadian Super Store.
- Enjoy a light show on Parliament Hill.
- Play some Lacrosse.
- Check out the Montreal Jazz event (Montreal, QC).
- Listen to some folk (Ottawa’s annual city Folk Festival).
- Enjoy Calgary Stampede (Calgary, AB).
BC Parks Celebrates Canada’s 150th with free admission to national parks
2017 marks the 150th anniversary of Canadian Confederation and we invite you to celebrate with Parks Canada! Take advantage of free admission to national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas for the entire year. Get curious about Canada’s unique natural treasures, hear stories about Indigenous cultures, learn to camp and paddle and celebrate the 100th anniversary of Canada’s national historic sites with us. Find adventure, fun for the family or a short break from the every day in more than 200 special places across the country. You can get your discovery pass here for free
Here I would recommend you to get your discovery pass for free. And until next post, start creating your own list of things to do to celebrate 150th Canadian day.