Do you know how important trip insurance is?
Trip Insurance or Travel Insurance is a type of insurance that covers different expenses. In addition to other benefits, these are medical expenses, trip cancellation, lost luggage, flight interruption & other losses incurred while traveling. Whether internationally or within one’s own country. Due to the popularity of trip insurance, you can purchase it at the time of booking the trip. Sometimes a multi-trip policy can cover an unlimited number of trips within a set time frame.
Ways of buying trip Insurance:
- If you are booking online, they will automatically offer you at the end of the reservation.
- You can call in and get this from an insurance company.
- If you are using a premium credit card to pay for the ticket, you may automatically get it, if the credit card offers it as a benefit?
Some common trip insurance benefits:
– so if you get sick during your trip, you will get money back for your medical expenses, however, will need receipts in most cases. Make sure to know if there is a clause about an existing medical condition.
– For some medical or personal reasons (such as death, motor vehicle breakdown, accident of a traveler etc) you can cancel your trip and get reimbursed for the ticket price minus your insurance premium.
– You are going for the dream vacation and during the stop over next flight gets canceled or rescheduled after a day. Too bad very sad. Isn’t it? If you have trip interruption benefit, depending on the insurance provider you get reimbursement for the hotel stay, daily meals and other unavoidable expenses.
– If you live in a city or fly from an airport where snowing is a common theme during winter months, then you should definitely have this coverage. It covers you for when of flight delay of 4 or more hours (check with your insurance provider) and you are reimbursed for food, toiletries and things you may need for an emergency stay. This is on top of what airlines give you (sometimes).
Delayed and lost luggage coverage
– If your baggage is lost or delayed, you are eligible for reimbursement for buying things of daily use.
There are other benefits
– also that I am explaining here, however, I would highly recommend that you talk to your travel agent or an insurance agent for exact details and price.
I use a premium credit card and my credit card offers me more than just above benefits. I get coverage like purchase protection (my warranty is automatically doubled), Price protection (when I buy big-ticket items and price goes down within next 60 days I am eligible for reimbursement of price difference), hotel/motel burglary, buy security (if I bought something and it gets stolen in 30 days I can get my money back.
The condition for these benefits is that I use my credit card to buy tickets/products. And remember I do pay an annual fee once a year and if I am making more than a trip, my annual fee is automatically justified. Do you have any interesting story about the use of trip insurance? Please note, I am talking about my credit card from Canada. Please check what your bank or airline has to offer? In addition to these benefits, some cards offer more rewards. I like my card because of especially relevant travel benefits.
We can’t talk enough and stress enough, how important trip insurance is? In our terms, if you are carrying your passport for a trip, you need to have trip insurance, Period. I recommend when you visit your bank next time, ask them about a premium card that gets you a sign up of bonus and gives you annual fee waiver for the 1st year and gives above mentioned and more benefits. If they offer a credit card that matches these points, just grab it. Don’t wait.
Any thoughts on Trip Insurance? Please share so others can read your views and benefit from them.